Bespoke Botswana & Vic Falls
A Place Like No Other
Botswana is a land of pristine wilderness and a mecca for some of the greatest wildlife sightings in the world. The expanses of land are enormous, and the eco-systems vary from the World Heritage Site of the waterways of the Okavango Delta to the Kalahari and Makgadigadi Pans. Fly from camp to camp across the delta. Explore the waterways and land areas with expert rangers in some of the most pristine game areas in all of Africa.
When and where to visit on your Botswana safari can be daunting. The right combination of water and land camps are essential. Born Free knows Botswana and we will assist in recommending the right combination of camps and locations for your safari. As a general guideline we suggest not staying in only water activity camps unless you are a birder. If you are a birder, you can expect one of the finest sighting experiences available. In water only camps, it is hard to see the cats, elephants and other plains game.
Botswana's camp and lodges are world-class. The vehicles are opened on the top and sides. Wildlife can be approached at close-range. When there is a sighting, vehicles are strictly limited which allows for unobstructed game viewing. Many land camps also offer safaris by water on small boat or mokoro (canoe) through reeded waterways with properties on concessions having walks and night drives.
Travel between the camps is part of the entire experience. Aerial views are awe-inspiring. Travel is at low level on fixed wing air crafts. There are camps that offer helicopter transfers as well. Seeing the ‘islands’ and channels of the Delta is stirring. Occasionally, you may see a herd of elephant traveling from island to island.
When you visit is very important. From May to October Botswana skies are clear and game viewing easy. The abundant food and water attracts the migrating herds. This is the time when the safari viewing is most productive and weather cool and pleasant.
Featured Inclusions: All Flights between Safari Camps in Botswana, all Game Activities, non-premium beverages and laundry. Born Free Concierge Service, 24/7 Emergency US & Africa contacts, Pre-journey Briefing Booklet, Born Free customized safari backpack, luggage tags, personalized & bound Final Itinerary.
Journey Priced From: $7991 per person, double occupancy
Rates are in US dollars, includes current taxes & park fees - subject to change.
Rates shown are starting prices based on the best value Shoulder Season
Your safari cost will depend on selected camps and locations.
Does not include international or intercontinental airfares.
Request rate if you would like a single room.
Is this your dream trip?
Botswana is a destination for the wildlife enthusiast. Days consist of various activities with game viewing being the main goal. It is not for the traveler who is interested in seeing villages and meeting the local people. It is a premium destination and more costly per diem than any other safari area. If you decide this is your dream safari and have a realistic budget – then the extraordinary await!
If Botswana is a must and you have a limited budget, we suggest staying more nights at fewer properties or one camp for three nights that offer water and land activities. It is also a fairly easy trip, with no long drives and an itinerary that is turn-key. When you are trying to keep the budget low - we urge you do not go to a camp that is only offers water and walking. They have low prices but are not the preferred location for predators, elephants and larger species.
Tailor-Made Itinerary: All trips to Botswana can be custom-tailored to suit your vision. Travel in the style that meets your comfort level, to the places that interest you the most at a pace that you'll enjoy. Each camp is carefully selected to give you a balance of experiences and a variety of wildlife sightings. You can select your camp preferences and we will custom design your trip. Botswana camp activities are organized by each property. This is an ideal trip for a solo traveler. Your research has led you to Born Free Safaris, now let our Specialists tailor your journey the way you want to experience it.
- CHOICE OF PRIME GAME VIEWING AREAS & ACCOMMODATIONS
- OKAVANGO DELTA - is a phenomenal wildlife region, it covers the heart of the country. Within its waterways are island camps, bordering reserves and private unfenced concessions where all of the "Big Five" can be found. Hippos and crocodiles cool themselves while herds of elephant and buffalo graze in the floodplains. Over 400 species of birds documented. It is a fabulous area for prides of lion. Game viewing is offered in some properties by boat or mokoro (canoes).
- THE CHOBE REGION - the largest area and closest to Victoria Falls, generally this area is fairly crowded with travelers and not that rich in predators. To really see the best of Chobe, it is imperative to fly further into the park and base your safari in the Savute region.
- SAVUTI (SAVUTE) REGION OF CHOBE – located on the south end of Chobe, this area is extremely game-rich and exceptional for predator sightings. Large prides of lion hunt on the grasslands, leopard and wild dog can be seen as well. The Savuti Channel waterways do ebb and flow. In 2019 the waters started to flow and dramatically transformed the area to marsh and a paradise for large herds of elephant and buffalo.
- MOREMI GAME RESERVE – located within the Okavango Delta, this is one of the most reliable game viewing areas in Botswana. On game drives you travel across wild open grasslands and into the lion and wild dog territories. Elephant gather on the riverbanks and leopards can be seen in the branches of the trees. Boating on the many waterways is a relaxing diversion from the game drives.
- KWANDO/LINYANTI/SELINDA - west of Chobe lies the woodlands and wetlands of this region. It is big game country. In the dry season (July-October) you have the opportunity to see exceptionally large herds. Linyanti is made up of several private concessions where visitors are strictly limited and guaranteed an exclusive safari experience. Walks and night drives are available in Kwando.
- KALAHARI, MAKGADIKGADI PANS & NXAI PAN PARK - an awe-inspiring area made up of open grassland punctuated by wooded valleys and moonscape salt pans. There are game drives and walks with the San Bushmen. Wildlife is seasonal.
- Convenient Scenic Flights between remote wildlife areas included
- All Wildlife Viewing Activities included in Botswana
- Game drives in Open Vehicles
- Motorboat or Canoe in Water Access Camps
- Nature Walks as offered by Properties
- Victoria Falls - Zambezi Sundowner Cruise
- Laundry in Safari Camps
- Excellent Choice for the Solo Traveler