South Luangwa-Lower Zambezi-Vic Falls
Zambia is one of the last great Africa destinations where you can capture the feel of the safari of a bygone era. It is a paradise for those wanting to truly experience Africa and not just observe. The most exciting feature of Zambia is the variety of activities. For the active traveler, there are short and multi day walks, night drives and water based game viewing. All game drives are in open vehicles and led by the best guides in all of Africa. We highly recommend at least one night in a Sky Bed or Sleep out camp under the magnificent African night sky.
The game is rich with leopard, elephants, lion, and plains game. Zambia combines fully inclusive high comfort accommodations with outstanding services.
The three major wildlife areas are Kafue, South Luangwa and Lower Zambezi:
- Kafue National Park, the largest park in Zambia. It provides an exceptional remote wilderness experience. Wild dogs and Sable Antelope are among the rarer species found within the park.
- The beautiful South Luangwa is the main focus of Zambia safaris. It is larger than Yellowstone National Park and you can spend a week exploring the various regions of this amazing area. Each camp and terrain is quite different. Camps and lodges are of a high standard. Home of the Walking Safari, the South Luangwa National Park has the reputation of running the finest guided walking safaris. They were originally organized by Norman Carr in the 1960’s and many were guided by Robin Pope. Although Norman Carr passed away in 1997, his legacy lives on. Norman Carr Safaris and Robin Pope still operate the best walking safaris in the region. Short walks can be done from their camps as well as multi-day walking safaris with a back up vehicle. All walking safaris are accompanied by an armed ranger and an open vehicle as back up if you decide to take a rest from walking.
- The Lower Zambezi is one of the most magical areas in all of Africa. It's a relatively new park, with a few fabulous deluxe properties and plentiful wildlife. Game drives are available but it is a great area for water based game viewing. It is not uncommon to see elephant and hippo playing at the water’s edge.
Zambia safaris are organized on an individual basis. Camps and lodges are selected based on what activities you would like to participate in, your comfort level and budget. Each camp organizes their own activities and Born Free will arrange for transport between camps and parks.
Featured Inclusions: Flights within Zambia; All activities, non-premium beverages, laundry, Born Free Concierge Service, 24/7 Emergency US & Africa Contacts, Pre-Journey Briefing Booklet, Customized Backpack, Luggage tags, Personalized Bound Final Itinerary.
Full list of inclusions and tariff details will be sent upon inquiry.
Born Free Exclusive Option: All safari guide gratuities can be included.
Journey Priced From: $8895 per person, double occupancy.
Rates are in US dollars, include current taxes & park fees - subject to change.
Your trip price will be based on your choice of lodges and locations.
Rates do not include international or intercontinental airfares.
Request rate if you would like a single room.
Is this your dream trip?
Zambia is for the traveler who wants to really experience the bush and loves the idea of getting out of the vehicle and participating in other game viewing activities. It is not for the traveler who may be skittish about being close to the wildlife or in general nature. Accommodations are upmarket with all conveniences, but retain the sense of the rustic African bush. It can be a fantastic first trip to Africa, but we highly recommend it for those who are returning to Africa and want to take a more in-depth safari and slower paced trip.
Tailor-Made Itinerary: All trips to Zambia can be custom-tailored to suit your vision. Travel in the style that meets your comfort level, to the places that interest you the most at a pace that you'll enjoy. Each camp is carefully selected to give you a balance of experiences and a variety of wildlife sightings. You can select your camp preferences and we will custom design your trip. Zambia camp activities are organized by each property. This is an ideal trip for a solo traveler. Your research has led you to Born Free Safaris, now let our Specialists tailor your journey the way you want to experience it.
- Your Choice of High Comfort Camps and Lodges: Robin Pope Properties, Bushcamps & Norman Carr Safaris.
- Outstanding Big Five Game viewing
- Good Sightings of Rare Species such as Sable Antelope, Wild Dog, Leopards
- Game Drives in Open Vehicles
- Night Drives under Spectacular African Skies
- Sleep outs in pop-up tents and Skybeds
- Bush Walks
- Multi-Day Walking Safaris available
- Boating & Canoe Safaris
- Enchanting Lower Zambezi
- Close-up encounters with Elephant, Hippo and Crocodile
- Magical Victoria Falls
- Visit the handicraft village specializing in Stone Carvings
- Excellent Choice for the Solo Traveler