Classic Polar Bear Adventure
World’s Most Coveted Small-Group Polar Bear Expedition
An extraordinary adventure is only available for a few weeks every year near Churchill, Manitoba. During the fall the tundra turns crimson and the Polar Bears wander into the area, roaming the rocky shores of Hudson Bay. The bay freezes and provides a platform for hunting seals, the staple of the bears diets.
The big bear ambles, then halts again. He rises on his haunches to peer at us more deliberately. It is a true thrill to see the sight of a huge polar bear. Sometimes they are silhouetted against the horizon, slowly moving shadows on the vast expanse of tundra. On other occasions, one may wander right up alongside us. Safely elevated above him, you’re nonetheless just feet away as you peer down at his shaggy, cream-colored bulk. Noticing us, he stops, sniffs and turns his face our way, curious. Awed, we draw in our breath, surrounded by the silence of the tundra.
The area of the safari is in the Churchill Wildlife Management area where we have one of the exclusive permits. Trips are in custom Polar Rover Tundra Vehicles. They are uncrowded with group size limited to approximately 16 - there is plenty of space. Built into the rear viewing platform of every Polar Rover is an innovative and exclusive feature - corrugated steel-mesh floors that let you witness from remarkably close proximity the curious bears that often wander beneath the vehicles!
Born Free Safaris & Tours is proud to be featuring and partnered with Natural Habitat Adventures for this great Polar Bear safari. (nh1)
Journey Priced From: $6,995 per person, double occupancy.
Request rate if you would like a single room.
Rates are in US dollars and will vary on your selected departure dates.
Does not include international or intercontinental airfares.
Is this your dream trip?
For those who have dreamed of viewing majestic Polar Bears in their natural environment, it doesn't get much better than the Classic Polar Bear Adventure. If you also want the thrill of a helicopter ride over the tundra and a chance to interact with the local culture, our Specialists can suggest a Polar expedition that will bring your dream trip to life.
- Travel with Born Free partners in travel, naturalist experts in the Polar Region
- Visit the best area to encounter the Polar Bears with Exclusive Permits in Churchill Wildlife Management
- Tundra Vehicles - Polar Rovers the most impressive and efficient vehicles in the north.
- The Smallest Groups Ensure the Best Nature Adventures
- Internal flights maximizes time with the Polar Bears
- Sled Dog Experience included on every departure
- Trips lead by the Finest Naturalist Guides on the Planet
- Polar Bear Expedition Leaders have guided for an average of 10 years each.
- Local Cultural Interactions Enhance the adventures. Through years of developing close relationships with local people where we meet elders of First Nations, Inuit and Metis.
- A possible bonus - there is a chance of seeing the Northern Lights.